Come on in, your office is waiting.
This is an invitation to work how you want to, meet people and grow your business without spending unnecessary funds on furniture and technology. The Orchard is a purpose-fitted business and event hub.
It’s your no-hassle office space - a part-time, full-time or anytime creative place. Just take a seat, turn-on your laptop and get stuff done.
With a thriving community of like minds, a dynamic events calendar and the massive advantage of hook-ins to expert business advice, tools and professional support networks, The Orchard makes great business sense.
OK TELL ME MORE...
Based in the centre of Whangarei, and supporting all of Northland, The Orchard is a dedicated hub for our growing community of entrepreneurs, start-ups and business professionals who want to grow their business.
Initiated by Northland Inc, The Orchard is a money where-your-mouth-is illustration of local and central government supporting entrepreneurship and innovation through action.
OUR MISSION: Seed – Nurture – Grow
To provide a physical and virtual place of connectedness. Where enterprising Northlanders can put roots down, cultivate their dreams and harvest success.
IN A NUTSHELL
- Make it happen in spaces designed for different working styles and maximum productivity. Desks, pods, tables, leaners and break-out zones. Ultra-fast Wi-Fi, printers, scanners and meeting room equipment.
- Meet, talk and get creative in dedicated spaces; 2 meeting rooms, 1 boardroom, 1 event room and a kitchen / refueling zone. Did we mention the coffee machine?!
- Upskill with direct access to expert business advice, tools for growth, support networks and dynamic events.
- Reach out with an actively connected physical and online community of like-minded individuals through our customised membership system.
- Choose what suits with flexible pricing and no long term contracts.
- Open to anyone who wants to grow their business.
IN THE TRACTOR SHED - BEHIND THE SCENES
So how did this brilliant business and event hub come together you ask? Well, it started as a response to the fact that Northland is growing and more enterprising individuals are choosing to base their businesses here. Without doubt, the region offers an awesome work / life balance and also has the advantages of an economy on the rise.
So the bright sparks in the Business Innovation and Growth team at Northland Inc got talking, about how a collaborative works space could the start of something great. They took this conversation to their mates at the Northland Chamber of Commerce, who took no convincing!
From there the idea grew, before long the Northland Regional Council were behind it and then support came from the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
Northland Inc and the Northland Chamber of Commerce are both tasked with supporting the economic growth of Northland, so they’ve taken the whole thing one step further – they’ve moved in! Both teams are huge supporters of innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit, so by being under one roof they can connect and provide services to the Orchardists whenever they need it.
So, The Orchard has got some pretty incredible support, it’s a new kind of co-working space with priority given to you, the Orchardists' who choose this place to call home!